Friday, July 11, 2014

A fathers love



I wasn't the first in this family to make up stories and tell them to my littles at bedtime. Dane's father on the nights that he put his children to bed would tell them "Kid Family Stories." A series of imaginative stories he made up to get the kids to sleep. To this day memories of these moments Dane has confided to me meant so much to him growing up.

Although his father worked a lot to provide for his family, he was an amazing father with his time at home. Even after his kids were grown he continues to show how much he loves them, and has implored his children to savor life with all it's highs and lows. Teaching them through his experiences to love and trust God. Teaching that our Heavenly Father is the one who has placed these children in our arms to grow, love and teach.

I am thankful for my father-in-law for raising a man that not only takes care of his family, but loves them unconditionally!

No comments: