Tuesday, April 1, 2014

You'll sleep when your dead


Two kids go to bed early and rise at the crack of dawn, and the other two are responsible for getting themselves to bed. If bedtimes and early risers were my only enemies, I wouldn't be writing this in my sleep deprived state. I'm also the go to parent when it comes to middle of the night crises. 

"Mom I can't sleep"
"Mom I had a bad dream"
"Mom I'm about to, to, PUKE"
"WHAA BINKIE"

I've always been the midnight parent not because it's been decided. The kids just know Mom’s faster at shaking off the fog of sleep.

The sun always comes too soon! Coffee is my new best friend! And snuggles also help me wake. I just wish I could shake off those resentful feelings on the mornings that I've had another WORST NIGHT EVER!

Yes, last night was another rough night. I feel if I at least had balance of good nights and bad, I'd be more able to handle what life throws at me. Lately the nights have been teetering down.

Prayers are appreciated. Advice not so much, We'll figure get through this stage of life togehter. But if anyone throws out the saying "You'll sleep when you're dead." I'll punch them in the face then blame it on my psychotic sleep deprived state. Yeah, I'd never really do that but the image would flash before pacifist eyes. 

Hugs all around to mommies everywhere! We're all in this together, we'll get through this together! Then someday look back on these days with only happy memories. Just like giving birth!  LOL! 

No comments: