Monday, April 7, 2014

Follow Jesus - Take comfort in his light

John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

That verse is something that my children can learn now, tonight! The post below shows how I've taught Sam to face his fears by being brave and using light to see what is really there. Light shown on an object highlights what we could not see before. Jesus is that light for our lives! He shows us what we may not have seen before, and if we keep him close he will keep that light bright.

Note:
Those reading my blog, know that I may interpret scripture differently than you. I am not a pastor or priest who has committed their entire life to learning and interpreting scripture. Would take my word on how to perform a surgery? I am new on this journey. I have in the past asked my pastor to interpret things on my blog that I have posted, in order to not lead a person astray. But I can't ask him to read every blog post I feel the need to post. That being said, if anyone thinks that I am interpreting the word of God wrong. It is your job as a christian to help me along my journey. I am open minded, and will post your comments for everyone to see. Who knows you may shine your light on me.

No comments: