Thursday, April 3, 2014

10 signs your not getting enough sleep



#10)  Inability to Handle Stress.

Check! I've always though of myself as patient parent. And for the most part I am. But with days and days on end with very little sleep, my kids will tell you I tolerate very little.  The idea of going to the grocery store with kids in tow, seems like an impossible task. 

#9) Poor Memory.

Check! Forgetting my keys everywhere can't only be attributed to being an introvert who brain is constantly churning. No half the time it's just because I'm just too sleep deprived. Lost keys, forgetting diaper bag, missing appointments, did I brush my teeth? I've now started counting kids before I leave the grocery store. YES! No one's been left behind yet! 


#8) Inability to Concentrate. 

Check! You know how hard it's been to complete this post! I keep getting distracted by all the cute baby pictures I've been searching through! 

#7) Increased Appetite 

No check on this one. I think stress maybe keeping that one at bay! Gotta have a healthy balance right!? 
             Lack of Sleep
+ Stress 
                 = Healthy Appetite

#6) Vision Problems

Check! I swear I just saw this...

#5) Poor Decision-making

Check! I keep staying up at night after the little ones go to sleep to enjoy my grown-up alone time. Made that bad decision again last night! YAAAWN!

#4) Diminished Motor Skills. 

Check! I'm usually excellent at typing. This post is taking forever to pluck through! 


#3) Relationship troubles.

Hmmm. I think this one stems from research being done regarding the lack of sleep resulting in diminished sex drive. While that is being studied, it is a fact that children who keep Mom from being able to have alone time with Dad is what diminishes sex drive the most!

#2) Medical Problems

HA! Moms aren't allowed to get sick! This is how I felt when we all got the flu a few months back...


#1) Mood Swings

Check, check, CHECK! And I'm not only person in this house who isn't getting enough sleep. It's so fun around here! WHEEE!


I'm at the end of this post, and look over at my angelic daughter napping next to me. I feel a little bit...


Thank you WebMD for informing me on all the signs to look for. In my next life I should get my option of being a cat that sleeps all day, or an adorable sloth!








No comments: