Friday, April 3, 2015

You see mother, I make all things new


This by far is the hardest scene for me to watch. Yes, the many trials and tortures Jesus endured was horrific! Yet, I often think of how Mary felt. Jesus knew his fate and accepted his role to save our souls, for this I am grateful. But those faithful stood by and watch fate unfold! I can't help but feel the pain they must have felt, the injustice their brains scattered as a murderer was set free. When lashes sliced his flesh the sound and sights that they could not free themselves of. The helpless, heavy feeling in their arms as he fell to the ground, yet could not lift him up. As a believer, I know his pain and suffering had a purpose, and I am humbled to be his child. He was more than just a man, however, his mother WAS just mom. She cared for him and watched his growth (astonished I'm sure to witness his glory). Forced to stand by as the history of humanity unfolded around her son. It is hard for any mom to stand by when their child endures something difficult. Even when your intuition tells you it will be ok, your senses still battle with your will to hold back. Every bone in your body is programmed to protect from the harm of the here and now, it takes great faith to just breathe and be still knowing everything will be just as it should.