Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Mom's everywhere!

I've shrunk down to 115 recently due to family stress, yet as I sit here in my mom's hospital room I feel guilty that I'm not home. She's been laid up for 5 days, and 4 days ago was one of MY worst days this year. I can't stand the summer heat and the day before she was admitted for pancreatitis pain, there was a cluster of bad events ranging from serious adult kid issues to critters driving me bat sh*t crazy! 

I made this sign and taped it to our door leading upstairs because both the puppy and one of our cats pees on the upstairs landing. Those who know our family understand this causes some OCD upsets!

It's a cool 68 degrees in this room and the thought of making the trek back through heated traffic and my foot walking through the front door is daunting. I love my house, family, and critters, but sometimes it feels good to just sit and breathe. Another thing to thank my mom...DINNER is DONE! I snipped some of her famous leftover chili, Dane and I are off the hook for dinner! I just pray that she gets through this and back to being grandma the great! 

Poor Carly missing her mom...She hates these long "store trips!"