Thursday, January 29, 2015

Overwhelmed?


I feel like this most days! Putting out one fire after another. And God help me if the fire catches!

Emma playing (strangling) the dog.. dog bites her, she's now crying. Christian deciding to wrestle with Sam (which turns into a fight). Maddy leaving her door open, which in turn invites Emma to take her makeup. Emma who decided to take that makeup and paint a masterpiece on the wall, stairs and doors. Dane comes home to ask......"What's for dinner?"

Yes my house is insane most of the time. I try and try to make it a place that everyone wants to be with harmony. But right now.. here it comes, my favorite saying.. "IT IS WHAT IT IS."


I love them to death but it's hard! And I am not that person that can do it all, all of the time. Seriously I don't know a single person that can! 

Others have no right to judge, or offer unasked for advice on a situation that can not possibly be understood. Instead why not offer support, where ever it's needed. A nap, a meal, a shower, or sometimes just shoulder to cry on with an sympathetic ear. 

Remember from grade school sympathy is different from empathy. Just because you haven't gone through the same trials, doesn't mean you can't try to have sympathy. 

Why this rant? Because I have sympathy for a fellow mom. 


OlYMPIA — It’s an unthinkable crime, a mother accused of slitting the throats of her three young children.
http://q13fox.com/2015/01/26/detectives-say-olympia-mom-slashed-her-childrens-throats-because-she-wanted-them-to-stop-crying/
What this story does not tell is she is comes from a family of God. Her grandfather is very dear to me. He was the youth pastor when I came to God. It's easy to pick fingers as to why this happened... Postpartum, medication, alcohol, lack of support, ect. Instead of playing the blame game, we should forgive and pray for healing. Let God be at work! Playing the blame game, is satin's job.