Sunday, January 11, 2015

Love suffers long



Today's sermon spoke to my heart and begs others to listen. Corinthians 13: 4 first line is LOVE IS PATIENT. When we are not patient with others, it does not reflect God's love. How many times has God been patient with us? Just a minute after we are forgiven we are bound to sin again. 

    I always have good intentions that fall flat, and God forgives me and will always be patient with me. 
Being patient is always harder when we're under stress. Lack of sleep, time, money, ect. can easily make the best of us loose patients. I pray for patience several times throughout the day, I battle so many stresses that push down on me. I also pray for those that I love to have patients with me. 
The other day Christian was refusing to get out of bed and go to school. I pushed and pushed, got angry, pretty much just lost my patience with him. Then I gave it some time, gave up on getting him to school, and prayed for patience. All morning I assumed he was just being lazy and defiant. After patiently listening I learned he was upset about his great grandpa's death the night before.

 Being patient also means you get the whole story! Instead of just assuming you know what is what, ask. Be open and listen with an open heart and mind. What little you SEE of someone's life, is not their reality. Making judgments based on your view is not loving someone. Love is patient, love is kind! Ask and learn their truth. 
Love suffers long NKJV
(Patient - suffering)


So you thought you had to keep this up
All the work that you do so we think that you're good
And you can't believe it's not enough
All the walls you built up are just glass on the outside
So let 'em fall down
There's freedom waiting in the sound
When you let your walls fall to the ground
We're here now
This is where the healing begins, oh
This is where the healing starts
When you come to where you're broken within
The light meets the dark, the light meets the dark
Afraid to let your secrets out
Everything that you hide can come crashing through the door now
But too scared to face all your fear
So you hide but you find that the shame won't disappear
So let it fall down
There's freedom waiting in the sound
When you let your walls fall to the ground
We're here now, we're here now, oh