Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What a glorious morning!



Waking up this morning I felt like I was in the twilight zone. ALL of my kids woke up on their own and were dressed before I moseyed my way downstairs.

Usually my mornings go a little something like this....


  • Wake up to hair pulling by Emma.



  • Make my way downstairs, Emma needs her juice and I need my COFFEE! After 20 minutes of letting the caffeine break my fog, I am brave enough to wake the slumbering bear (Sam). 



  • This takes great finesse! I usually start w/ a back-rub, after I find him burred in the covers. Then I move on to tickling :)  The back-rub I know he loves so well turns in to a dare as I lightly tickle his sides.. "Handle it, handle it!" He tries his best not to laugh, but I usually win, and a full tickle war ensues. 



  • Christian 99% of the time is dressed showered and checking his Instagram... But I digress, he loves school! 



  • Next is usually my hardest endeavor..... getting Maddy out of bed. We've always called her our sunshine....but we may have to change that nickname during her teen years because she is not a morning person! Blankets will be pulled off, there is usually a pillow tug of war, and then of course the rolling in ball to stay warm. 



I know this morning was a fluke, and yes I asked Dane to pinch me, but I'll take it! For once I got to sit on the couch and watch morning cartoons w/ my kids without the worry of making it to school on time!