Monday, August 20, 2012

Emmalyn 5 months old!


Loves to grab faces, which is very sweet unless she hasn't had her nails clipped.

Finally touches the ground on her walker (we got the shortest walker on the market)!

Even though we have a few gadgets... a swing, bouncy seat, walker, entertainer saucer, and bumbo chair, she would still rather be held in one of my many baby carriers.

Emma's started solids. So far, she's had sweet potatoes, pears, and peas. She wasn't very impressed with the peas but still ate the whole jar. She gets very excited and shakes when she sees the spoon come out.

Sold my nb dipes (which lasted till she was about 4 months)! It was a very sad day for me to pass along those cute tiny diapers! However, I love my new small-sized baby stash. Fuzzibunz smalls, and we're using our BG's one-size we had left over from Samuel. This week I'm trying my hand at night cloth diapering. I've purchased a Sustaniblebabish OS, the holy grail of night dipes. She's in it now.. we'll see if she can go all night!

Emmalyn has perfected the "pick me up I'm bored" cough. "Cough, cough," if no response, "cough, cough," if still no response, "WAAHH!"

We got our first laughs out of her that were not tickle-induced. Sam is the one who got her giggling. He's just so goofy it really cracks her up!

Still not rolling... but we haven't been exactly encouraging it either. We rarely put her down to practice. A) because her on the ground is a magnet for Sam to come hover. And B) I guess I'm just not ready for her to be mobile!!!
,
Emmalyn is growing up way too fast! I wish there was some way to slow her down!! 

No comments: