Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sunshine!







    Oh, these final sunny days have been a riot with Emma at the playground! It's like watching a tiny tornado with boundless energy. Fueled by a blend of sugar and sunshine, she transforms into a playground ninja, swinging from the monkey bars, adding layers to her calloused hands. Then, there's always my attempt to race her to the swings, which is my favorite part of the playground. One night, I struck a deal with a young boy. You see, Emma wanted me to catch her, but knowing that would never happen, I resorted to a dollar-fueled solution. She had so much fun running from the boy and was happy to make a friend! When he caught her, she said, "Pay up!" but there was no way I would be seen giving a little boy a dollar, so I had her fork over the cash. I later struck up a conversation with the boy's mom who had a beautiful Aussie!